August 17, 2012

Corn on the "COB" cupcakes

Last summer, I ended the summer mentally with Watermelon Pie. This summer
I think I will mentally wrap up the summer (especially since I wore long jeans this week-
--- getting chilly) with Corn on the Cob Cupcakes.


Does it look like corn on the cob? It's kind of cute huh?
Making food in a way that isn't the "normal" way makes me strangely giddy. 
Making food for me is a way of how I de-stress after a long day.


Start with baking some vanilla cupcakes. I made these with Pillsbury French Vanilla Cake Mix.
After hearing "Cake Boss" say that he has been known to use cake mixes...
I just conveniently use the Pillsbury or Betty Crocker cake mixes.


Once your cupcakes are done, let them cool on a cooling rack or a cutting board.
While the cupcakes are cooling down a little bit, add a few drops
of yellow food coloring to your vanilla icing.


Ice your cupcakes and then line up some "Jelly Belly" jelly beans to make it look
like corn kernels. I used pop corn flavor with a few lemon (yellow) and coconut (white)
jelly beans. I also used the yellow Starbursts candy to represent butter. Haha!
Lastly I cut a bamboo skewer in half and put them in the 2 end cupcakes just to represent
them being skewered like actual corn on the cob!