March 25, 2013

Baked Veggie Chips

In the world of attempting to eat healthier, drink healthier and simply just BE healthier...
it just made sense to make some veggie chips.
I certainly like healthy food but I'm not a super health fanatic either. 


I decided to take a sweet potato, some parsnips (carrots's cousin with a kick) and some beets
and bake some veggie chips.


I simply took my hand dandy mandoline and sliced the veggies on the thin slice setting.
I laid them out on a paper towel to soak up any extra moisture and then brushed on some
olive oil with some sea salt. I then laid them on a cookie rack in the oven on bake at 350 degrees.
It took about 35-40 minutes. 









They were pretty tasty. The sea salt gave the chips that extra salty flavor everyone enjoys in a chip.
The negative is that I'm not quite convinced yet that baking veggies whether it be sweet potatoes, beets
or even Kale is worth the 40+ minutes of time to eat a small bowl of veggies.
But! nonetheless... these veggie chips were pretty tasty!


Zestfully, Let's Cultivate Food