September 24, 2013

Breaded Zucchini with 2 easy sauces

Sometimes I like to take veggies and saute fry them.
The day after a Food Festival- I spent hours cleaning up and seeing some extra
zucchini in the refrigerator made me think of a snack my mom used to and still
cooks from time to time.  Fried zucchini.



Simply take one zucchini and after rinsing it, pat it try with a paper towel
and cut the zucchini into round slices. Not too thick but not too skinny either.


I decided to make half with Italian breadcrumbs mixed with Panko....


and the other half with a flour mixture. Both types were first dipped in a bowl with
2 beaten eggs. I dipped the zucchini slices in egg then the flour and then the egg again 
and then the flour again. I dip it twice simply to make sure there is a coating on it.

I did the same thing for bread crumb ones as well.  I turned on a saute pan
on medium-high (too high will burn them quickly and too low of heat will make them soft)
and added a little grape seed oil (any frying oil can be uses--- corn, canola, peanut, veggie)

I also made 2 super easy dipping sauces as well.


The first sauce is simply siracha mayo and that'w literally what goes in it.
Start with 3 TBSP of mayo and a squeeze of siracha sauce to your liking.


The 2nd sauce is just as easy-- use 2-3 TBSP of mayo, 1 TBSP of ranch salad dressing
and a squeeze of wasabi-- again- to your liking.


These were the bread crumb ones.....


and these were the flour ones.
It was an enjoyable snack after a long day of cleaning.

Zestfully, Let's Cultivate Food