August 18, 2014

Mint ice cream sandwich CAKE

This one is a.....  shall I say, no- brain-er?

Long story .....    super short, I'm not allowed to bake cakes
for family get togethers-  maybe,
just MAYBE  I'll explain another time why I'm not allowed to.

So the next best thing other than cupcakes for the summer
especially would be-  not just ice cream sandwiches and not just
ice cream sandwich cakes  BUT ice cream sandwich cakes
with a sneaky layer of mint chocolate chip ice cream!


The easiest way to make this is to layer everything in a bread pan.
The rectangle baking pans that you would bake a bread in.
Line everything up the best way you can and make sure everything
is as even as you can get it.  Almost think of it as a craft project where
you want everything to nicely fit in that rectangle pan.

Once everything is in there and pretty flat and smooth-
wrap the top with clear wrap. Put it in the freezer and wait 
at least 30 minutes just so everything is frozen together.

It will be easy when you cut/slice it.
When you get ready to cut it, run your large cake knife
through hot water under the sink- it will make for a clean
and easy cut.  I'll have to find a way to create this in a way
that the diabetics in my family can have this...
I WILL find a way to have cakes at family gatherings AGAIN!


Zestfully Let's Cultivate Food.........  day 18 of 31 days